Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's Go time!!! 3 1/2 hours early is LATE in our book!

We dropped Parker off at the Missionary Training Center this morning. Prior to his delivery, we stopped at a nearby church to take some last pictures with his four brothers and allow the family to say "Adios mi hermano!"



As we pulled up to the MTC promptly at 8:00a.m., things looked rather barren. I began to wonder where all of the pomp and circumstance I had heard of was.......... Where were the other Elders who were assigned to whisk our son/brother away? Why didn't we get a number so we could make our way through the line up? We told the man at the iron gate that we were there to deliver our son, to which he responded, "Uh, oooooh kaaaay, usually people start dropping their missionaries off at 11:30, but I'm sure it's alright. Pull up to the entrance with the white canopy." We got out of the car, unloaded his luggage as I continued to wonder why no one was coming out to slap his nametag on and promptly direct our vehicle back out to the street.

David and I took Parker into the MTC and told the lady at the front desk we were there to deliver our son. I asked if we were early to which she replied, "Yes, but that's ok, we will take good care of him if you want to leave now." To my excitement, I looked at Parker and said, "Cool, we can go spend a few more hours as a family and come back at 11:30!" He looked at me and very peacefully stated, "Mom, I'm staying here." I knew right then how much he really was ready to serve his mission. I felt an undeniable Spirit and knew it was time to go. I must admit, a few tears did fall, but overall, I was really surprised at how peaceful I felt in knowing that he is in good hands, and he is truly ready. We will miss him, but are so excited to hear all about his wonderful adventures over the next 2 years!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment